Product Design Engineer
About the Job
This job is: Product Design Engineer (Mechanical not HVAC)
- Responsible for leading the design and development of all employer's products and accessories.
- Creates, or directs the creation with CAD Designers, CAD models, layouts, assemblies, drawings and is responsible for maintaining engineering documentation.
- Leads and contributes to cross functional teams and
- manages projects to meet customer or business needs.
- Provides mechanical leadership to ensure integration of form, function and manufacturability.
- Directs and supports the qualification testing and transition to production.
- Mentors peers and team members.
- Manages engineering projects that either create new, improve or modify a product to meet a specific customer or business need.
- Develops schedules, cost estimates and provides regular project updates to management.
Duties and responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Designs and engineers products, in a team effort with suppliers, manufacturing, quality, service, marketing and finance to meet or exceed customer expectations for features, performance, quality, reliability and cost.
- Leads failure analysis efforts to identify root cause, establishes contingency plans to support short-term production, quality and customer requirements and works with other functional groups to define, develop and implement corrective action in a timely manner.
- Creates electronic CAD models, layouts, assemblies and drawings as required.
- Prepares and processes engineering change documentation.
- Product improvement; Proactively identifies opportunities for product, process and operational improvements within the Engineering Group.
- Works closely with Manufacturing during pre-production builds to minimize cost, improve DFM and improve total product quality.
- BS Engineering or related scientific degree with an emphasis in mechanical engineering, mechanical design.
- 10 years minimum experience in designing Mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies with proven ability to take a design from concept through production.
- 10 or more years’ experience with CAD, preferably SolidWorks.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team in the development of new products, lead the team thru a phase-gate system, and develop and maintain the program Gantt chart.
Employee, Full Time
$75,000.00 - $85,000.00/year
10% bonus, benes, relo,
View more info